Thursday, May 30, 2013

Kyoto

I arrived to Kyoto early. So I went to a coffee shop and ordered and paid successfully in Japanese for this geek tea latte.
The youth hostel I am staying in here is ridiculously beautiful and only $34 a night  with a full western breakfast for $3. It's all wood. It smells amazing! There are only myself and one other Japanese man here. There are to be 2 more women tomorrow. It's very quite and peaceful on a side street right in the Gion district (geisha county). 
Dining room/lounge. They put out go tea and cookies and some super salty thing. There is a small garden in he back, microwave and toaster.
Bathroom door to the right and family room straight. Gorgeous door! The owner told me that it was made from recycles wood more than 60 yrs old.
This is the room. Two bunks. Just me tonight.
In the morning meditation on the backyard porch by dripping water pool.


1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful place!!! WOW!!!!!! They don't have anything like that in the US for $34 a night:) ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete