Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Kagoshima to Germany,Austria,Hungary,Bolivia, and Belgium

Looking back on family history my great great grandmother came from Belgium to Mexico. While in Kagoshima Japan I met a woman in a hostile from Belgium. She got back to me this past August. My mom is leading an exotic afterlife. I must say, I'm a bit jealous.
        "You gave me a little Ojo Rojo to bring back to Belgium.
I kept it for a while, not knowing where to leave it...
So it stayed with me and went to Köln (Germany, Winter Holidays), Insbruck (Austria, Carnival), Budapest (Hungary,Easter Holidays) and finally on my last summer trip: Bolivia.
I didn't take pictures every time, but I did in Bolivia, as I knew where I would like to leave it once back home... it was time to let go.
You will find the pictures in attachment.

The place I decided to leave it is in a park (Tervuren), in a tree, next to a bench and in front of a pond; in front a restored watermill that is now a social project with a cafe and cultural center (Het Spaans Huis).
I have known this park forever, this is where we used to do iceskating in the wintertime, where I learned to ride a bike, where I go walking the dog,.. it really is a lovely and paeceful place, just outside the city.

I am sorry that it took me so long to get back to you, I hope I didn't reopended a closed chapter...

I wish you all the best, thank you for trusting me back then, in Kagoshima.
If you ever come to Belgium, you are welcome to stay with us.


Eva​"

Isla del pescado, Salar de Uyune, Bolivia

Isla del Sol, Titicaca lake, Bolivia

Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia

The pond and Spaans Huis, in front of the tree, Tervuren, Belgium

The tree on the right, Tervuren, Belgium

The tree, Tervuren, Belgium

The view from the tree, Tervuren, Belgium
View from the other side, Tervuren, Belgium

In the tree, Tervuren, Belgium


No comments:

Post a Comment