Sunday, June 16, 2013

Atami and Tokyo

Leaving Ito I realized my trip is almost over. So sad. There is still so much to see and experience. When on my travels I had a contact here who was an email only friend of my mom's. When I had questions on rituals, needed help making a reservation in Japanese, or needed translations she was a great help. We met in Atami for lunch and some shopping. 
For lunch I finally had unagi (eel), which I love. And the soup had eel kidney in it. I can check that off now. 
She took me up a mountain and a team ride to see Mt Fuji but unfortunately it was cloudy. But I did get a peak of it on the train ride to Tokyo. Oh well, just another reason to return. 
The shop and some great marketry woven patterns that the area is known for.
It was really nice to meet her and thank her for all her help. Just having a constant contact was very reassuring. I gave Mitsi a marble and asked her to do something special with it. She told me she is going to carry her everywhere she goes. I love this for so many reasons.

Back to Tokyo where I started. I called someone I had met when I was here 3 weeks ago and met him and another guy for dinner. Another new and yummy experience- okonomi-yaki. Prepared and then served to you on a hot brittle in the middle of the table. 
It was really great to see someone I had seen on my first days here on my last. And to be able to say hey since the last time I saw you I saw 17 place and circumnavigated to whole island and it was so magical!





No comments:

Post a Comment