Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Kyoto the last


It's funny because I am realizing that with my stack it up attitude I am probably doing way more than my mom would have done. Alas this is not necessarily how she would do but all things I know she would like.
The last major thing I saw in Kyoto was Nijo Castle. Most of the interior I was not allowed to photo. It's highlights were many painted screens by an artist who was only 25 when he completed them. The coffers were all very elaborate broken up by wood framing and painted. Also the wooden floor boards were rigid in such a way that when you walked on them they squeaked. That was so no one could sneak up on the shogunate. This castle was mostly occupied by warriors protecting it as the shogunate rarely used it. The nail heads on the exterior were covered with elaborate gold filgilree. The grounds and stone walls were also quite beautiful and austere.
I could see this tattooed somewhere on me. I love how things are trained to grow horizontal. It's like the branches are floating.
A view from one of the turrets of the castle grounds. 
With a door for a normal sized person installed.
And my final amazing breakfast and my hostel owner.
I gave him an Ojo Rojo marble as a gift and thank you. He did not know mom was in it. But the place was so beautiful and he and his wife were so lovely and helpful. She will like it here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment