Monday, June 3, 2013

Kyoto cont

After the temple I went to the Imperial Palace Park to make a reservation to goto the Imperial Village Villa the next day. Unfortunately, it was closed on Saturdays. I was not able to enter the Palace either without a reservation so I wandered around the grounds. 
I ended up in the Mother and Child Garden.
I was about to take a picture when a very excited old Japanese bird watching man came over and through sign language and garbled English brought me over to a small group and pointed our a Ground Gawk Owl in a tree.
The female was inside and the male was outside guarding. Unfortunately I did not have a good enough camera to take a picture. But an old lady lent me her binoculars to look. While I was doing this the group took mercy on my legs that were fast becoming mosquito lunch. They sprayed me down and gave me cram for my 20 bites. I felt loved by both the mosquitos and the Old bird watching folk. 
I returned to my original location. 
This was the spot. It had a ritual hand washing station.
 That was set up to be a bird bath.
And a really nice tree whose branches famed out nicely. So I leapt over the fence and sprinkled moms ashes around the base. She will like watching all the mothers and children that come.
Funny how if you let life it brings you right where you need to be. 

1 comment:

  1. So very wise...and something Laurie would have said...Amen.

    ReplyDelete