Thursday, June 13, 2013

Toyama

So the one person I really know from before I came to Japan was Rui. She was in a show I curated while she was a resident artist at Wheaton Village. She is a teaching assistant at Toyama glass School. After my day trip to Kanazawa I took a long bus ride to the school. It was out there, but I found it.
A beautiful studio in the quite hills. I would love to work here. There were students of all types from different place not all Japanese. Even one of the faculty was American and another, I believe, Belgium. Rui showed me about, but the best part was getting to eat conveyor belt sushi with her. So much fun!
Then off the next day for my second day of long travels to Aomori, where I got to ride on this really big train on the top deck for one section of 4 trains and a bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment