Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hiroshima

Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum and Park.
I don't know what I can say about this place. I read everything and listen to an audio tour. I almost burst into tears several times. I had to step away and pull myself together. It was unbelievably heart wrenching. I don't know how everyone else wasn't in tears. There were tons of school children there learning their history. The exhibits were extremely graphic. Did you know we are still performing nuclear tests? 
So many innocent lives lost.
A poem oh miraculous hope.
The park was austere but powerful. I witnessed around 15 monks chanting at the cenotaph. Wow
The Children's Peace Monument.
I saw and heard several groups of children singing to the monument and delivering clumps of 1000 origami cranes. Creative interpretations were also in cases around the monument. 
Hiroshima A Bomb Dome has been made a historical momument and is being maintained. What happened to this building happened in a matter of seconds.
There were several monuments in the park. There was a turtle from Korea for all the workers that died.
And this bell
Around this bell was a small moat of sorts. Evening was coming on hence the frogs of this moat were aiming their evening song. I like to imagine one of beautiful peace. I chucked a marble in here. For my mom to be serenaded to every night in warm weather. No one is likely to find this marble. It's just a resting place for her. So she can be part part of a place dedicated to ever lasting peace.
I have a video but this too to be posted later.


No comments:

Post a Comment