Thursday, June 13, 2013

Long Travel to Toyama

Kagoshima was far to the south and I wanted to get north, which meant I was going to have 2 days o long travel. It took  4 trains and a long walk to the hardest to find hotel (and only, though it was as cheap as the hostels and included breakfast). Strangely there were no hostels on Toyama. I was exhausted and needed to check my plans an make sure I wasn't heading into the on coming typhoon. Turned out I was fine going north, so I took it easy. The hotel manager recommended a sashimi place around the corner. Walking in I was confronted with 3 pretty drunk Japanese business men that wanted to buy me drinks. Quite funny.
I then successfully ordered this deliciousness.
I had a conversation with the waitress through google translate about my trip and her up coming trip to LA with her son to visit her brother. Really nice family restaurant. Very kind to a blundering broken Japanese solo traveling American.
I went for a after dinner stroll to the local castle.
And around it were cases with glass.
I walked around and then went to the hotel and listen to American tv shows dubbed in Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment