Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Kagoshima

Pretty far south- mainland Japan.
First off this is considered municipal seating!? So nice!
This animated monument was also historically interesting.
And here are Japan's first honeymooning couple.
And amazing spiral staircases.
And did I mention the live volcano! Known for spreading ash. It has not erupted for hundreds of years. I met a n English woman who is going to be recording and studying the sounds of this  volcano to try to determine what it is doing as part of her phd work. Um, can we say, super cool! I want that internship!
And when I was I Kyoto a woman for Kyushu Prefecture told me about Satsuma Kiriko in Kagoshima, a cut glass place, very famous. So I went and it was amazing.
A man in the office was very nice. We used a translator and I told him about my trip. He was very nice. I gave him a marble and he gave me something he made. A ring holder. Mom loved the arts and even blew glass with me a time or two at school and work. She really enjoyed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment