Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Kyoto continues

I really splurged this night and after I went to a tiny restaurant that was recommended to me by a fellow hosteler, Nagatake. It was on a tiny street called Ponto-cho.
The food was amazing Yasai (vegetables) and sashimi.
The man sitting next to me turned out to be a traditional Japanese musician. He gave me a packet of the face make up he uses which is supposed to be unique to Kyoto.
I think that is him on the paper.
The owner gave  me a special desert, which I attempted to eat.
As it turned our it was plastic. And they all saw me take the bite. Good thing I can laugh at myself cause they were laughing at me. But as a constellation prize I got green tea ice cream that he makes on site fringing up the tea leaves himself. The meal over all was delicious and mom loved good food and in particular sashimi.
He then played the nose harp for me soi gave him an Ojo Rojo Urn Marble. If you look closely you can see it on the tea grinder.
The meal was a bit expensive, but delicious and the entertainment was great. Did I mention they spoke like 4 words of English.
On the walk to the bus heading home Yasaka Shrine all lit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment